The Rhine Valley offers you the opportunity for a hiking holiday at a high level. The Rhine Castle Hiking Trail stops in Rhens on its way between Koblenz and Bingen. A network of dream trails criss-crosses the Rhine-Moselle-Eifel region and invites you to discover the magnificent landscape with its rich natural monuments and cultural beauties.
The attractive circular hiking trails in day-trip format lead through dense forest and volcanic landscape, over high plateaus and steep vineyard slopes, past medieval castles and fortresses and present spectacular views of the Rhine and Moselle valleys. From our house you can directly enter the dream trail "Wolfsdelle", which leads you on historical tracks to the legendary Königsstuhl. The entrance to the "Rheingoldbogen" dream trail is in the neighbouring village of Brey. Here you walk in the footsteps of the Romans and winegrowing, through a varied landscape, past well-tended vines and rustic hedges.
The German Hiking Association has set nationwide quality standards with the "Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland" (Quality Host Wanderable Germany) and awarded particularly hiking-friendly accommodation and catering establishments in Germany, among which we may count ourselves.
Quality promise for hiking guests
These quality promises are only an excerpt from the 23 core criteria that we fulfil as a quality host Wanderbares Deutschland. In addition, we provide at least 9 optional criteria. Talk to us about our other services:
- We offer a drying room for equipment and clothing and lend out shoe cleaning equipment.
- We keep you informed about the weather.
- We have storage trays for your hiking boots.
- We are also happy to accommodate hikers at short notice and for just one night.
- We are knowledgeable about hiking and have staff who are informed about hiking offers and can provide individual information.
- We offer route suggestions for local hikes and tour advice with additional information material.
- We have information for you on local and regional attractions.
- We offer a reservation service for the next accommodation and night.
- We organise a pick-up and drop-off service to hiking trails for you.
- We offer luggage transport to the next accommodation.
"Qualitätsgastgeber Wanderbares Deutschland" is an initiative of the German Hiking Association in cooperation with regional partners. You can find the complete catalogue of criteria, further information and all awarded hosts at:
German Ramblers' Association Wilhelmshöher Allee 157-159 34121 Kassel
Hikes directly from the house:
Dream Trail Wolfsdelle
Rheingoldbogen Dream Trail
Rhine Castle Trail Koblenz - Rhens
Rhine Castles Trail from Rhens - Bad Salzig